Friday, June 29, 2007

Week 4 thing 8

Once I got the rss feeds set up I really started to like them. I have to admit the first few I added were for some web comics that I read every day but then I found two nice feeds for new librarians that had some good articles. The thing I most liked though was I no longer have to remember what page updates on what day. Some of the comics I read are updated daily, some are twice a week and some are once a week so I no longer have to keep track of when they will be updated. Now everything just comes to one spot which I like a lot. I know I'm going to start making use of this at home too.

There is a lot of promise to incorporate this into the library web site I think as a way of sending out announcements to people about upcoming events if nothing else. Or just link to other feeds about specific genres of books so people could add those feeds and read them. The potential for what can happen with this is astounding I think.

If you want to see any of the library related feeds I found try these links:

No comments: