Friday, June 29, 2007

Week 6 thing 13

Explored the del.icio.us site for a while and it's got some potential to it. I'll be honest and say that I don't think the tagging would be that helpful for me personally. I prefer everything organized by folders since I'm the one that put them there I remember where I put them. The nicest thing for me I thought was being able to have my bookmarks from any computer I had access to. It would be nice to have the same bookmark on my laptop as I have on my desktop but it's not a bit deal for me to find something again after I found it once. So while it's nice I don't know if it would be something I would use a lot. The potential nice thing I thought it offered was the ability to share bookmarks in a group but I don't know if that is all that much easier then when someone finds something to just email it to the other members of a group. I don't see a huge benefit to it. Maybe I'm just not seeing something or I'm being short sighted though...

No comments: