Monday, July 2, 2007

Week 6 thing 15

Again information overload... So much potential to write about...

I guess I'll mention the one thing that struck me as odd throughout all the articles was that every article expected the patrons to know the technologies and the librarians had to keep up. I only think I saw one article mention the opposite which I still think is a very important part of librarianship. Librarians are still teachers and help people. Part of that is to help people understand new technologies. If things continue to advance as rapidly as they are predicted to then that part of librarianship will continue to be important. There is more in Library 2.0 then just incorporating technology for the patrons who know of it. There is still a large group of people who need a little help with understand or a little push to get started. In all the changes the past few years and in the coming years maybe that fact shouldn't be forgotten...

No comments: