Saturday, July 7, 2007

Week 9 thing 22

I played around with the Project Gutenberg web site. I liked the whole idea behind it but I was sorely disappointed in the content selections that seem to be made. I looked mainly at the science fiction list that was put on on a free CD. It didn't look like a normal list of science fiction at all. Instead it looked like a list of books that I would have had to read over the summer in high school. To me it gets old that a book needs to be close to 100 years old before people will consider it worthwhile. Why did they only choose to do only old science fiction? I understand that for some the term "classic" reaches mythical proportions but sometimes it's taken way to far. Just once I would like to see modern books get some needed attention. Oh and come on put something by Tolkien in there. He at least wrote close to the same time period. Ok my rant is over.

No comments: